Hi, Gamers, Seeing lot of funny and wonderful gamer-tags (summoner name) especially in the League of Legends I thought of writing this article on my idea of choosing the gamer-tag. Below tips are my suggestion and you might have completely different idea on it.
- Gamer tag should represent you and it should have something that relates to the real you. As an example, I know a summoner (in League of Legends) with summoner name “nashpaw”. His real name was W.P.A. Shan (his full name) which jumbled in to his summoner name.
- It should be very uncommon. I suggest you to play all games under one game tag as I do. For that, it should be wildly available in all games and gaming forums. Therefor do not pick a very common name just because it was available in one game. Best way to find out is though a Google search, If nothing comes up that’s great.
- Do not change it per game
- Make it global. You might use some other language than English than your mother tongue; It is ok to use a gamer name with your language, but make sure it don’t feel ugly in English.
- If you are interested in blogging and streaming your games, check whether you name is available as a tube channel name and as a domain.
What is your nice name (gamer-tag) is already taken
- If it is well established and taken in most networks you might need to think of some changes. As an example I am using “Agnilam” form my childhood. When I started plying LOL in NA I got to know it is already taken, so I have to move to “IamAgnilam” just for that server.
- When you do a change, it is always good to put “Iam” in front. Alternatively, try replacing letters that gives you similar sound, Ex: agnilam – agnil@m, agήilam, etc. If the name is case sensitive, try capitalizing several letters.
- Hope this helped in picking your gamer tag, Will meet you another article!!